USB device mode / USB gadget support

GothAck

USB device mode / USB gadget support

Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:05 pm

I was under the impression VoCore would support usb device mode, will we be able to use the usb gadget drivers within the kernel? These are currently disabled for the VoCore profile :/

Vonger

Re: USB device mode / USB gadget support

Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:31 am

I think it is able to support many USB small things. I have tried USBHID, USBHDD.
That all depends on your USB driver.

GothAck

Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:06 am

Right, but I want to set the usb into device mode, and have the VoCore show up as a usb device to a usb host (my computer, etc) with a filesystem I can write to. This requires the usb gadget driver in the kernel, which seems to be limited to other targets. Does the VoCore support usb device mode? I was under the impression it did.

From the config:

Symbol: USB_GADGET_SUPPORT [=n]
Type : boolean
Selected by: TARGET_brcm2708 [=n] && <choice> || TARGET_cns3xxx [=n] && <choice> || TARGET_imx6 [=n] && <choice> || TARGET_mxs [=n] && <choice> || TARGET_oxnas [=n] && <choice> || TARGET_omap24xx [=n] && <choice> && BROKEN [=n] || TARGET_omap [=n] && <choice> || TARGET_brcm63xx_generic [=n] && <choice> && TARGET_brcm63xx [=n] || TARGET_brcm63xx_smp [=n] && <choice> && TARGET_brcm63xx [=n]

GothAck

Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:16 am

I believe https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/t ... ?rev=37058 should have brought in the required changes, strange that this was 18m ago. I will have to dig though the git history later on.

GothAck

Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:39 pm

Okay, that patch was against a previous kernel ver. Gonna see if I can port it to 3.10 / 3.14 over the next week or so.

franz86

Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:04 pm

Hi!

@GothAck: Did you already managed to get the usb gadget mode working on the VoCore? Or has anyone already managed it?

As far as I know the rt5350 is using the Designware USB controller. In the kernel_menuconfig there is also a setting USB_DWC2_PERIPHERAL which seems to me that this is the right setting for using the Linux USB Gadgets.

However I am not sure if it really works, also I don't know if it is necessary to tie some pin to VCC or GND so that the VoCore is used as USB Client device.

Any suggestions to this?

Thanks,
Franz

Return to VoCore & VoCore+Dock