VoCore 2 specs

pma61

VoCore 2 specs

Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi,

I'm interested in vocore 2, but I need some info:
- how much RAM has it?
- how much ROM has it?

I know that more ram will increase price, but in some situations there's no alternative that put a lot of data in memory.
I'm developing a project that will need 30 MB of buffer, so vocore 1 is not the best choice in the market.

rkk

Re: VoCore 2 specs

Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:30 pm

Hi, I have the Vocore 2 Lite, and after several months, it still proves to be pretty much useless to me. The problem in my case is not the Hardware but the Software. I'm having huge issues with the WiFi driver (Ranging from slow network speed, random wifi dissaciotation, to whole kernel panic messages which leaves the system in a limbo state till I restart it). The creator of Vocore 2 doesn't seem to be caring much about this and the official firmware is untouched since I got my Vocore 2 Lite. There is an unofficial firmware (LEDE) which seems to work a bit better (Wifi is faster, but still random kernel panic happen).

I don't know how it looks for the Non-Lite version of Vocore 2, but if you want something stable, I think you're better off with some cheap Raspberry Pi clone or anything else.

In my case I wanted to make a OpenVPN gateway out of it, but due to the frequent crashes and freezes it is nothing more than a funny toy rather than something useful.

Vonger

Re: VoCore 2 specs

Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:16 pm

rkk wrote:Hi, I have the Vocore 2 Lite, and after several months, it still proves to be pretty much useless to me. The problem in my case is not the Hardware but the Software. I'm having huge issues with the WiFi driver (Ranging from slow network speed, random wifi dissaciotation, to whole kernel panic messages which leaves the system in a limbo state till I restart it). The creator of Vocore 2 doesn't seem to be caring much about this and the official firmware is untouched since I got my Vocore 2 Lite. There is an unofficial firmware (LEDE) which seems to work a bit better (Wifi is faster, but still random kernel panic happen).

I don't know how it looks for the Non-Lite version of Vocore 2, but if you want something stable, I think you're better off with some cheap Raspberry Pi clone or anything else.

In my case I wanted to make a OpenVPN gateway out of it, but due to the frequent crashes and freezes it is nothing more than a funny toy rather than something useful.

A stable power input is very important for the board, just paste your crash log let's check what is wrong. At least from my test no board is action like you describe.

Return to VoCore & VoCore+Dock