Ultimate NOOB Guide

hdokes

Re: Ultimate NOOB Guide

Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:19 pm

The Wiki looks great noblepepper. I too have been looking (and working on) am means of consolidating the information that is currently available for vocore and then building on it. I own a modest ISP in the states and host many websites and email services for others. I also own a protyping/development shop and am building up an area to be able to do PCB protyping as well. I have all the equipment, materials and a facility, just need time to get it all set up.

My interest in the vocore project is for automation purposes. I have an extensive background in industrial and home automation. The information currently out there for the vocore project is quite limited and your Wiki aong with the forum I think will help considerably to expand the knowledgebase for this nifty little powerhouse all in one consolidated area.

You mentioned that the Wiki you set up has little out of pocket cost to you (allowing for the cost of the domain) as long as your limits are not exceeded. Should that ever happen, I am willing to offer an open invitation to host the site (and anything else associated with vocore) on our servers here in the states at no cost. This could not only include the Wiki and forums, but could include a git server and other worth while collaboration services.

If you, or Vonger, have any interest in such a thing just pm me and let me know.

In the mean time I have been trying to consolodate all the pertinate information I can find regarding the vocore project and the RT5350. I now have a full software development environment set up and am trying to order quantities of Greenwire-Elektronik's break out board to set up hardware development as well.

Interest on this little gem has been slow but I am hopeful with the added available information through the wiki and forums that it will begin to snowball. I'm willing to help where I can to assist in that endeavor.

Vonger

Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:06 am

:)A new host might confuse people. I will add a link to your site first, thank you.
I am a website noob, later I will try to move your wiki to vocore.io and make it a real wiki. :D

noblepepper

Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:17 pm

@Vonger - The Wiki I set up is just a scripted install of Dokuwiki. It is very easy to set up. Research, installation, learning to use it and adding content took a total of about 3-4 hours. I had no experience with a wiki beside adding some content to the Arduino playground before this. I chose Dokuwiki because that is what the OpenWrt wiki runs on, I thought some VoCore users may use it as well. I can tarball the whole thing up and send it if you want to put it on vocore.io.

@hdokes - The wiki is running on my "personal class" Arvixe hosting arrangement. They claim disk space and traffic are unlimited but I haven't pushed the service very hard so I may find some throttling if it starts pulling a big load. So far my investment is just time, adding a domain name would be $10/yr so it really isn't an issue.

@All - If you use the register link at the top of the wiki pages you should be able to add/modify content. The only limits I anticipate are no spam and no illegal, irrelevant, derogatory or abusive content.

I hope to add some content about my recent adventures with Das U-boot next.

Greenwire-Elektronik

Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:33 pm

Noblepepper "Das U-boot" - u made my day :D

I am looking forward regarding this adventure - i also thought of changing uboot but considered to do other thinks first before risking my vocore :D

PS: Did you get your delivery yet?
Buy now - breakout board for VoCore to easy adapting your idea!

Follow us on Twitter or facebook!

noblepepper

Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:24 pm

From the Readme:
The "official" name of this project is "Das U-Boot". The spelling
"U-Boot" shall be used in all written text (documentation, comments
in source files etc.)

No breakout board yet, we seem to have some local delivery issues. I have another package that has taken a week to get here from a city 3 hours away, still waiting...

Greenwire-Elektronik

Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:18 pm

Ah, good to know - it is a great movie btw ;)

So far the packets to US seem to be delivered so far i got feedback - i hope yours will come soon.
Buy now - breakout board for VoCore to easy adapting your idea!

Follow us on Twitter or facebook!

Ruphobia

Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:42 pm

Das U-boot...heheheh You might as well drill a hole in my knee and pour warm milk in it.............

Endat

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:33 pm

@Vonger - I am a website master. If you need anything, I can make it happen or tell you how.

Vonger

Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:07 am

I added a link to your site on wiki :) Really thank you for that.
Now I have a partner(he study it from zero), so we are preparing a NOOB tutorial recently, should be come true soon.

Previous
Return to VoCore & VoCore+Dock