Ethernet Connector

P_Rein

Ethernet Connector

Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:39 pm

Hello,
I got VoCore without dock but still want to use ethernet. Soldering is not the problem, the thing is I have some ethernet connectors (RJ45 XFATM9) and, If I am not mistaken, the pins don't match with the connector you've used in the Docks. This makes me wonder if this connector would work even if I wire it correctly. http://vonger.cn/upload/VoCore.dock.sch.pdf shows a different picture than what I saw mine is.
This is the connector I have. It has 2 leds but they aren't shown in this diagram.

Should I use it like that ?
P4TP <-> pin 1
P4TN <-> pin 3
P4RP <-> pin 6
P4RN <-> pin 4
+1.8V <-> pin 2 and pin 5
GND <-> pin 8

Vonger

Re: Ethernet Connector

Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:03 am

Hi,
Please check our dock sch in vocore.io/wiki, that will help you use the ethernet. :)

Pyrofer

Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:38 pm

I only have 5 wires to my Ethernet jack. the 4 for rx/tx and 1.8v that goes to both center taps.
Assuming you have that it should all work, mine does.

P_Rein

Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:03 am

Hi, Vonger. Looking at the Dock schematics was how I made this assumption for the connections :D
But I wanted to be sure not to screw something up.. waiting for another VoCore won't be fun.
This type of connector has varieties, there are some that need external elements to work for example.
Anyway, I'll try it this weekend, thanks :)

franki

Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:47 pm

Pues tenia un problema similar, pero afortunadamente tenia a mano los restos de un Sony Vaio del que saque un componente: LFE8423... Si bien el esquema no aparece en internet, con ayuda de un polimetro y un poco de paciencia llegue a la conclusion que era igual que un cierto esquema que aparece en la red... Lo conecté y ha funcionado correctamente... :D

Repito, no es el mismo esquema, creo, pero conectando los pines 3 y 6 a +1.8V ha funcionado correctamente... No he conectado los leds de estado ni nada, solo que la red funcione...

Return to VoCore & VoCore+Dock