DASH masternode on Vocore!

notsofast

DASH masternode on Vocore!

Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:08 am

Hi, I'm a cryptocurrency enthusiast looking to set up my Vocore (with 2.0 dock) as a masternode for the Dash cryptocurrency, according to this guide, but instead of using a VPS instance with Ubuntu, I'm looking to host it with the Vocore.

The guide: [url="https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/taos-masternode-setup-guide-for-dummies-updated.2680/#post-25455"]TAO'S MASTERNODE SETUP GUIDE FOR DUMMIES (UPDATED)[/url]

So far it seems as though I can get around the tiny amount of RAM on the vocore by partitioning a swap file first, which will then allow me to install the Dash daemon and any other RAM-requiring packages. (I figure I can also delete the partition afterward to further harden the node.)

I'm not much of a coder but have successfully setup masternodes before using a VPS. I have a few questions before I make my attempt on the Vocore:

Is my understanding correct that openwrt is the Vocore's linux firmware distro? If so, it should be able to run the daemon after I install the necessary USB, disk partition, wifi/lan packages, right? If not, what light version of linux should I install instead of openwrt?

I appreciate any advice anyone may have, and would be happy to dish out more information on the Dash masternode system or cryptocurrencies in general.

Vonger

Re: DASH masternode on Vocore!

Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:23 pm

openwrt is full function linux, just with wireless driver. everything should be same. But you might have to find every necessary drivers.

Return to VoCore & VoCore+Dock