VoCore + Dock is setup differently...

Endat

VoCore + Dock is setup differently...

Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:21 pm

It works, I just can't access it... I am using it as a wireless router now and it's doing a good job at getting my laptop connected (such a cool little router). HOWEVER I do have a couple of... questions.

First off, the IP it seems is not 192.168.61.1 like the non-dock version (no ping, http or ssh response at that address). But I DO get a ping response from 192.168.1.1, but no http or ssh response. How do I access this thing?

Second, I am using it out of the box on first boot.. do I need to perform some sort of update (firmware, software, uboot), or is it good to go?

My goal is to modify this to be a sort of internet filter and bandwidth limiter... with a web interface that will show all connected computers, their activity and so on.

Thanks in advance,
Endat

Endat

Re: VoCore + Dock is setup differently...

Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:34 pm

Okay, so apparently it boots into 2 different modes depending on whether you have ethernet plugged in on boot... the 192.168.1.1 was my local router, which apparently disables any access to 192.168.61.1 unless (I guess) I figure out what IP my local router assigned it (which.. a reassignment doesnt seem logical).

If I boot without ethernet plugged in, I can access 192.168.61.1.. but then I can't plugin the ethernet and have net without rebooting it...

How can I access it while it has ethernet?

Raymond Day

Re: VoCore + Dock is setup differently...

Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:16 pm

Set your computer to the same sub net. The 3RD number in the IP the 4TH number any thing but not 1 like the VoCore has. Do it 2 to 255 or so.

Then you can connect to it.

In it's settings can then change the IP. You could change it so it get's a IP with DHCP or keep it static to a IP you want.

I guess you can't change it on it's web page.

A easy way is install WinSCP and log in to it with that. Edit the /etc/config/network file to change the IP and reboot it and it will have the new IP you want.

With WinSCP use "File protocol" SCP not SFTP.

Return to VoCore & VoCore+Dock