how to use Reset pin

qiqiji

how to use Reset pin

Wed May 06, 2015 1:35 pm

i try to connect it to 5v, nothing happened
i try to connect it to gnd, vocore reboots

is connect reset pin to gnd is the right usage of it? i feel strange..

noblepepper

Re: how to use Reset pin

Fri May 08, 2015 2:04 pm

Here is my experience. I'm still not positive which reset controller version the 8095 is but it works for me.

qiqiji

Fri May 08, 2015 4:18 pm

noblepepper, thank you, i still not get what's your mean(sorry for my poor english), can you say it in a easy way?

can i connect reset pin to gnd to reboot the vocore or not? did this can cause damage to vocore?

and connect reset pin to +5v nothing happen, is this be expected?

i see vocore's wiki about reset pin: http://vocore.io/wiki/index/id:7

RESET: VoCore reset, default pull to high.

what is pull to high mean?

noblepepper

Sun May 10, 2015 12:43 pm

This pin is connected to the PORST (power on reset) input of the 5350 through a 22 ohm resistor. This input has an internal pull up resistor so it is "default high". When this input is pulled low the 5350 peforrms a power on reset.

There is also a reset controller connected to this pin, when you apply power to the VoCore it holds this input low for a few milliseconds to allow power to stabilize before the 5350 starts up. If you pull this pin low then release it the 5350 will shutdown then start back up just like power had been cycled. You can see this in the upper right corner of the schematic.

I have used this input several times to reset a VoCore with no problems but I can't guarantee this is safe. There are at least two versions of the reset controller, you can see them on page 2 of this datasheet. If the version on the VoCore is the cmos output version it is possible the reset controller can be damaged by pulling this low when it is trying to pull it high.

Return to VoCore & VoCore+Dock