VoCore2 w Dock Upgrade

bfpa40

VoCore2 w Dock Upgrade

Mon May 21, 2018 4:02 pm

I am a newbie and have had my VoCore2 for a while now. I would like to upgrade ALL the software on it but cant seem to find a concise guide to doing this. I neeed instructions that breaks down exactly what needs to be done. I have the original version of OpenWRT on it and would like to upgrade to the most currrent supported LEDE. If there is anyone that can help me out I would greatly appreciate it, Thank You in Adnavce.

-Brian- bfpa40@gmail.com

Vonger

Re: VoCore2 w Dock Upgrade

Tue May 22, 2018 1:33 am

Hi, do you check vocore.io/v2.html and our tutorial video on youtube? Maybe they can help. :)

bergmannap

Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:34 pm

I have the same problem. Connect VoCore2 to PC via USB, open Luci, select file (.bin) go to progress, wait 5 minutes or more and voila! I have a bricked VoCore.
Tried same using WiFi via Luci again, with same results.

Can we get some assistance? It appears that the “upgrade” is not progressing correctly.

Vonger

Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:55 pm

bergmannap wrote:I have the same problem. Connect VoCore2 to PC via USB, open Luci, select file (.bin) go to progress, wait 5 minutes or more and voila! I have a bricked VoCore.
Tried same using WiFi via Luci again, with same results.

Can we get some assistance? It appears that the “upgrade” is not progressing correctly.

Which firmware you use?
Default openwrt firmware won't work because default the wifi is disabled.
Try the firmware on vocore.io/v2 download section.

bergmannap

Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:27 pm

I am using Firmware (20190802).
I follow all the steps to upgrade via Luci, but it appears to never finish. After waiting almost an hour, I de-power and re-start the VoCore2 ending in a non-responsive VoCore2.
Is it possible to use the micro SD card to upgrade? If yes, can clear & detailed instructions be provided?

Vonger

Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:07 am

bergmannap wrote:I am using Firmware (20190802).
I follow all the steps to upgrade via Luci, but it appears to never finish. After waiting almost an hour, I de-power and re-start the VoCore2 ending in a non-responsive VoCore2.
Is it possible to use the micro SD card to upgrade? If yes, can clear & detailed instructions be provided?

The 'endless' upgrade is because once you upgrade it, it wifi will disconnect. So until you connect it back to its wifi(after its upgrade done), it will keep rolling. Normally it will take 5 min to finish upgrade and then you can find the hotspot again once it ready.

Latest uboot is allow USB disk upgrade, once you set 20190802.bin to root_uImage, but you still need to connect to its uboot. VoCore2 Ultimate has a microUSB convert to UART, that can directly use to debug.

Vonger

Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:13 am

Please login to vocore2 by its UART port(VoCore2 Ultimate it is microUSB)
then copy log here, I will know what is happening there.

Return to VoCore & VoCore+Dock