USB2TTL adapter pin schema

Neochange

USB2TTL adapter pin schema

Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:06 am

Hi everybody!

I bought a VOCore board without Dock because I wanted to learn solding and more hardware stuff that I'm a total newbie. Now, I'm going to change the configuration of WIFI to set STA+AP mode but I am afraif to lose the connection to the board.

I received a USB2TTL adapter but I have no clue about in which pins I should connect it or if a need any driver.
Is there any tutorial or drawing with the connection?
In addition, I use windows 7 and elemetaryOS.

Thanks

brad

Re: USB2TTL adapter pin schema

Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:57 am

Linux is always better. In elementaryOS make sure to run "sudo putty" otherwise it wont give you access to the serial port. Drivers are already installed.

You can't break it if wired wrong, but just follow this.
You need 3 wires: Gnd, Tx, Rx
Go to here:
http://vocore.io/wiki/index/id:7
On the vocore you use gnd, TXD2 and RXD2. Connect these to the corresponding pins on the ttl-USB device.

On ElementaryOS:
Plug in the ttl-usb device.

Open putty (if not installed "sudo apt-get putty")
Code: Select all
sudo putty

use these settings and go.

Turn on vocore and watch the boot process, once booted press enter to get into the command prompt. You can then change network settings in /etc/config/network and /etc/config/wireless

ingramator

Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:18 am

If you're using windows 7 you can use the default driver and putty, as above! :) Let me know if you need any more help, I spent hours trying to get the driver working on windows 10 and ended up using an old vista one, disabling windows driver update and a few other thing 8-)
Hey I'm new and just getting started with vocore :)

Neochange

Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:15 pm

ingramator wrote:If you're using windows 7 you can use the default driver and putty, as above! :) Let me know if you need any more help, I spent hours trying to get the driver working on windows 10 and ended up using an old vista one, disabling windows driver update and a few other thing 8-)

Thank you so much! I couldn't try until now and it worked perfect in my ubuntu :P

I have opened another issue because something is wrong with the firmware of my board.

Thanks again!

Return to VoCore & VoCore+Dock