new follower / my application(s)

fuzzytarget

new follower / my application(s)

Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:15 pm

Greetings all.

I stumbled across the VoCore 2 and am interested in it primarily for automation. While looking over this http://tech.scargill.net/ blog I somehow found this device. I am trying to determine if this is suitable for someone with my skill set to use for my automation goals.

I haven't found any useful information on series 2 dock(s). I have made direct inquiry but this is probably a better avenue so more can benefit from the answers.

Keeping it short and oversimplified, I would like to use the device in conjunction with owfs (can use usb dongle but also would like to use i/o pin option). Use discrete i/o for switches and relays (through drivers), IR in and out etc. and most important; power with passive POE or standard midspan PoE injector if I can find them at low enough cost. Passive can be had at around a 1.20 USD per port plus ordinary DC supply. PoE I don't think is nearly that cheap.

For me, step 1 is to know about the docks since that is my path for I/O and to supply power. A parallel track is verifying the state of the owfs and gpio opkgs for openwrt and what control software options I have. At the moment node red is interesting but don't know if that can be fit into VoCore2. Initially I need nodes to perform some local control independently.

Any direction to additional information on the VoCore 2 and it's docks would be appreciated.

Regards to all.

Vonger

Re: new follower / my application(s)

Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:54 am

OK, I will update my blog about PoE later today. :)

Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate