Newbie Questions / Documentation

strahlermann

Re: Newbie Questions / Documentation

Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:51 pm

It's a Kingston 32gb Micro sdhc, was working fine in my smartphone before. I don't think this was a software problem.

noblepepper

Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:16 pm

Believe it or not sd cards operate at different voltages, but I can't image one that can't withstand 3.3v which is what I believe the VoCore2 uses. Do you know the "class" your card is? It isn't a UHS-II is it? They use a lower voltage in their ultra speed mode but the host has to put in that mode and I think it would just not work instead of burning up. I don't see any way that the VoCore2 is putting more than 3.3v on it either.

This is very strange, even bizarre, I went back through what I set up in my images and don't see anything suspect.

I'm not ruling anything out at this point, I learned a long time ago that the best way to make something turn out to be your doing is to claim "THERE'S NO WAY I CAUSED IT!"

I think it is the middle of the night in China right now, hopefully Vonger will weigh in on this in his morning.

It would be an incredible coincidence but your SD card could have just decided to fail at that particular moment.

strahlermann

Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:46 am

it's a standard micro sd, and even if I put it in the wrong way which might happen it shouldn't get hot because nothing is connected at this point. I'll try to find an sd card which I can burn, there might be a small one from an old mobile and give it a second try.

Previous
Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate