Installing openvpn-openssl gives error

pilo

Installing openvpn-openssl gives error

Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:12 pm

Hey, im trying to install openvpn-openssl. Im getting this error:

# opkg install openvpn-openssl
Installing openvpn-openssl (2.3.6-5) to root...
Downloading http://noblepepper.com/repositories/0_4 ... _24kec.ipk.
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for openvpn-openssl:
* kernel (= 3.18.44-1-37c25aa924b07a2c1ca76866698bd5b4) *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package openvpn-openssl.

So how to install openvpn on vocore2ultimate? I have compiled openwrt by myself from git.

noblepepper

Re: Installing openvpn-openssl gives error

Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:47 pm

That happens when the ipk you are trying to install came from a different compile run than the image you have installed. Some packages don't care but kernel modules always do.

You may be able to use --force-depends to install the ipk but it can cause nasty problems too. In this case I think you'll be okay but this is a BAD habit to get into.

Opkg is trying to access the opkg repository I put up so I assume you compiled openwrt from my github chaos calmer repo , correct?

You have two ways to install this the "right" way (without force depends)

1. Use the image that was compiled a the same time as the ipkg. The main reason I put the opkg repositories online is so people can avoid compiling their own.

2. If you want to use the image you compiled (like you made some changes you want to keep) you need to install the ipk's that got compiled at the same time.

2a) First see if you compiled that ipk:
Code: Select all
ls bin/packages/base/openvpn*
If it isn't there go back and select it in make menuconfig and recompile. Install the new image.

2b) Transfer the ipk to your VoCore2 (I use scp for this), if you put them in /tmp they will go away after the next reboot, if you put them in /root they will be there after a reboot.

2c) Install the ipk using a fully qualified name
Code: Select all
opkg install /tmp/openvpn-openssl_2.3.6-5_ramips_24kec.ipk
make note of the missing dependencies.

2d) Transfer the missing package(s) to the VoCore2, go back to step 2c and keep repeating until all the dependencies are satisified.

You can also put all the packages you compiled on the VoCore2 using a sdcard or USB drive, or load them on the internet somewhere and make /etc/opkg/customfeeds.conf point there. I'll leave that as "an exercise for the user"

pilo

Re: Installing openvpn-openssl gives error

Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:51 pm

Hey. Yes. its working. Thanks

Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate