Set up VoCore2 to connect over ethernet

cory

Re: Set up VoCore2 to connect over ethernet

Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:34 am

my ubuntu doesn't have ethernet port I tried to use ethernet to USB device but no go. As far as communicate between ubuntu and vocore2 I document it fully in my thread. here are the relevant posts;

-I hook up microUSB(vocore2) to USB of ubuntu host. it shows as /dev/ttyACM0.

-I installed screen on ubuntu host then
from ubuntu host I type

stty -F ttyACM0 cs8 115200 ignbrk -brkint -icrnl -imaxbel -opost -onlcr -isig -icanon -iexten -echo -echoe -echok -echoctl -echoke noflsh -ixon -crtscts

screen /dev/ttyACM0 115200

root@cubepc:/# exit // I named it cubepc
Please press Enter to activate this console.
// I get in
BusyBox v1.23.2 (2016-09-03 09:56:08 CST) built-in shell (ash)

hack-wizard

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:46 pm

Ok, so now I can at least get into it, but since I don't have an IP to pass to scp, how can I make direct copies of all the config in /etc back on my desktop so I can easily review and post them here? I still need to know how to make the VoCore pass an IP to the computer over ethernet...

cory

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:58 am

I try picocom, minicom but they are not robust enough to make transfer job easy. This is what I come up with on my win 8 laptop.

1) install smartTTY, it is a full screen interface http://smartty.sysprogs.com/download/

2) I turn off wi fi then I plug in ethernet cable to connect vocore2 to win 8 laptop
ethernet connection.png
ethernet connection.png (51.8 KiB) Viewed 10684 times

3) create connection using vocore2 IP, I just used default setting
connection.gif
connection.gif (184.64 KiB) Viewed 10684 times

4) now you can SCP easily, this is how I import latest image
smartTTY.gif
smartTTY.gif (213.56 KiB) Viewed 10684 times

hack-wizard

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:31 pm

Except I still have not been able to get any kind of ethernet connection working, on Windows or Linux. Therefore this must be done over a serial connection before I have any hope of figuring out why I can't get ethernet working in the first place.

Again, please remember the following requirements:
-transfer has to be done over the serial connection
-I would prefer to do the transfer thru Linux
-I need to actually be able to copy and paste my config files here in a consistent manner that doesn't involve pulling my own hair out by copying and pasting from a screen session in a terminal (as in, it only shows 1 screen's worth of the file and won't scroll, so I'd have to manually copy page by page). This is because I have no idea why I can't get an ethernet connection working in the first place ... to which I am still looking for a solution but at this point I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get it.

pksim

Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:44 pm

Hi,
I would appreciate some advice on getting a Wan connection configured and working on a Vocore2

I have connected an RJ45 connector on Pins 45,45,47,48 10/100 PHY Port 2
I have tried to configure the add the port to the LAN network but I not getting any response when I connect to the ethernet port

Any advice appreciated

Thank You
Regards

Vonger

Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:50 am

Directly connect might not work.
Better to use a RJ45 with transformer, and keep the wire to the RJ45 as short as possible. Please check our dock schematic(download at vocore.io/v2).

Previous
Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate