connecting with USB problems

herci

connecting with USB problems

Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:50 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm a complete noob to this. Bought the vocore audio as it stated that some tutorials for beginners would be availble. Alas, they are way to difficult for me.
I tried communicating with vocore but I sort of have the feeling they can't explain in an easy way what I need to do, And I think they don't really understand my English.

So this happened:
Initially I was able to find the vocore in the wifi network and login to the WRT (or whatever that is; yes it's that bad)
Then I had no idea what to do next, it said : edit the /etc/config/wireless file
I didn't find that, didn't see something show up in 'this computer' like a USB device. The vocore was connected with a usb cable.

So I went to wireless in the WRT and it said disabled or something, with a red icon, I clicked it, assuming I would be able to activate and secure it on my own wifi network, then I got this message that the connection was gone and now I don't see vocore in the wifi network anymore.

Then I emailed the helpdesk.

I connected it with a usb cable. It tries to install drivers, but they fail.
Then I downloaded the drivers from the website, located them on my own computer and tried to install it like that.
But then I get the message: access denied.

the helpdesk told me to connect with putty, Never heard of that before.
But I opened putty.exe
Then I sort of need to find the com port, unfortunately in 'device manager' I only see this: GD32 Virtual ComPort in FS Mode

And I searched the internet all over the place to get this thing working.
No clue have to login with putty stuff. I've tried everything I could think of like:

I tried filling in all sorts of **** 'in serial line to connect to' like: GD32 Virtual ComPort in FS Mode
or 192.168.1.1, or COM1 COM2 COM3 COM4 , GD32, nothing worked. even tried filling in all of it on host name, if I leave serial line blank it tries to connect but it fails. And nowhere on the internet this is a solution, only search for the COM port name, which isn't there.

So can anyone please help me out. I'm tired of trying. And going quite crazy.

cory

Re: connecting with USB problems

Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:31 pm

are you window guy or mac guy?

herci

Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:01 pm

I'm currently using a windows 7 pro computer.
But I also have a mac, just very recently.
So I could try it there, but I'm not that familiar with it yet.

I received another mail from the helpdesk with a tutorial on how to install the drivers, but I've tried this numerous times and it doesn't work.
I always get the message they found a driver but they won't install it because the access is denied.

herci

Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:03 pm

windows 7 pro
but I got a mac very recently, but I'm not really familiar with it.
The helpdesk sent me an english tutorial on how to install the driver. Which I've tried numerous times and saying the access is denied when I try to install it manually.
Tried again still the same, I filmed it now, so hopefully they understand what the problem is now.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_o-9 ... lFaaFRlUE0

Vonger

Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:48 pm

This is windows 64 secure issue, they do not allow install driver without sign.
Better to connect to VoCore2 thought Linux/MacOS, they do not require USBCDC driver.

cory

Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:51 pm

Or use win10 machine so it can recognize vocore

herci

Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:32 am

okay after countless of email to the helpdesk, I'm nowhere. The nice people really try to help, but I have no clue what I'm doing.
I even installed linux ubuntu on a virtual machine, I got putty (doesn't connect), I've got Luci. I have tried it on my mac. no wifi signal there. tried the 192 etc on the mac, nothing.

I ended up them asking me which button I clicked the first time I had connection, I really can't tell unless I might see some screenshots, but they understand what a screenshot is or a 'photo of the screen'. In my first email I explained I clicked something in a wireless tab, I remember two red buttons saying disabled and clicked the first.

So desperate now. It's hard to explain everything as this stuff is so unknown to me.

In linux I tried the following commands which they gave me:
sudo stty -F /dev/ttyACM0 cs8 115200 ignbrk -brkint -icrnl -imaxbel -opost -onlcr -isig -icanon -iexten -echo -echoe -echok -echoctl -echoke noflsh -ixon -crtscts
sudo screen /dev/ttyACM0 115200

I got this
7.830000] random: mktemp urandom read with 13 bits of entropy available
[ 7.860000] mtk-sd 10130000.sdhci: no support for card's volts
[ 7.860000] mmc0: error -22 whilst initialising SDIO card
Press the [f] key and hit [enter[ 7.880000] mtk-sd 10130000.sdhci: no suppors
] to enter fails[ 7.890000] mmc0: error -22 whilst initialising MMC card
afe mode
Press the [1], [2], [3] or [4] key and hit [enter] to select the debug level
[ 8.940000] mtk-sd 10130000.sdhci: no support for card's volts
[ 8.950000] mmc0: error -22 whilst initialising SDIO card
[ 8.950000] mtk-sd 10130000.sdhci: no support for card's volts
[ 8.960000] mmc0: error -22 whilst initialising MMC card
[ 9.000000] mtk-sd 10130000.sdhci: no support for card's volts

and it just kept going endlessly

they told me to install the latest firmware (that's like telling me, build a rocket and fly to the moon in one hour)
after looking on the net for luci and openwrt and such,
then I installed luci (which wasn't easy, getting all sorts of errors of non existing packages and stuff and commands I copied from openwrt which didn't work)

finally I was able to open luci in linux terminal with cd luci
but then I don't know, I should be able to connect to luci via my web browser in linux.
(unless I forgot something?)
so I tried 192.168.1.1 , no connection
then I tried 192.168.61.1, no connection
I even tried telnet in luci and it just keeps trying and doesn't connect

I see this:
michele@michele-VirtualBox:~$ cd luci
michele@michele-VirtualBox:~/luci$ telnet 192.168.1.1
Trying 192.168.1.1...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out

(during all this the vocore is connected with a usb cable, and in devices the GD32 is checked) I got a purple led on.

then they kept asking (again) if I see the vocore on my wifi network, which I don't and it just ended asking again which button I clicked the very first time.
So if anyone can help me any further...please I'm desperate. I really need step by step explanations.

herci

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:09 am

I must add I also tried this in linux/ luci, for web user interface

sudo opkg install luci-ssl
but this does not work so I did this instead

michele@michele-VirtualBox:~$ sudo apt install luci-ssl
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package luci-ssl

maybe the problem lies there?

cory

Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:40 pm

> using win 7 machine,

unzip this to your win 7 machine http://vonger.cn/misc/vocore2/tools/usb2ttl.zip It will show 2 folders 1 for mac and 1 for window.

when you connect microUSB(vocore2) to USB(win7) you will see GD32 Virtual ComPort in FS Mode, right click, select properties, update and point it window folder you just unziped. Then you will see either COM3 or COM4, which is what you will use to communicate to vocore2 directly.

Once you 'putty' into vocore2 you can do reboot, select f, enter, firstboot -y, then reboot again. do the sequence as many as you need until you see vocore2 wifi again.

herci

Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Hi cory
Tried this in the beginning.
But it says access denied. And thus I see no com port.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (107.9 KiB) Viewed 17878 times

Next
Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate