I turned my VoCore2 into a brick, please help

dgmt

I turned my VoCore2 into a brick, please help

Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:39 am

Hi!
VoCore/OpenWRT newb here, i received my VoCore2 + Audio Codec today.

I connected ok to it, and i wanted to give it an encryption in the AP mode, so i logged into the web interface, and couldn't find the WPA/WPA2 encryption options, only Open, WEP Open and WEP with pre shared key. Instead of flashing my firmware to get proper encryption methods, i changed the name of the AP, clicked Save, and then set it to WEP and set password (thinking better anything than nothing until i find the solution to this) and clicked Save&Apply. After some time (less than a minute), in my computers list of available APs i couldn't find my VoCore with the new or old SSIDs, but i could see it with the generic OpenWrt SSID, without being able to connect to it.

What can i do to fix this? I don't have the USB2TTL adapter, but my other VoCore2 (this one is lite edition) should be arriving soon. How do i unbrick it?

Thanks!!!

Vonger

Re: I turned my VoCore2 into a brick, please help

Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:45 pm

What is your current version? Is it have a dock?

dgmt

Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:17 pm

I don't remember the version, i received it yesterday, ordered via indiegogo campaign as VoCore2 + Audio Codec dock.
I connected to it using IP 198.168.1.1, which is reserved for beta versions? Right?
I managed later to connect to it via serial over USB, but all i got is a flood of
mmc0: error -22 whilst initialising MMC card

cory

Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:01 pm

I would find a win 10 machine connect micro USB to USB if you see com3/com4/com5 show up then you can still communicate to it

Vonger

Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:45 am

dgmt wrote:I don't remember the version, i received it yesterday, ordered via indiegogo campaign as VoCore2 + Audio Codec dock.
I connected to it using IP 198.168.1.1, which is reserved for beta versions? Right?
I managed later to connect to it via serial over USB, but all i got is a flood of
mmc0: error -22 whilst initialising MMC card

update to latest firmware.

Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate