Screen / Kermit garbage [SOLVED]

jamiegoodwin

Screen / Kermit garbage [SOLVED]

Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:58 pm

Hi folks.

I got a VoCore2 + audio adapter (for AirPlay) today.

I plugged it into a USB power source. Connected to the VoCore2 WiFi and navigated to 192.168.1.1, where I found the OpenWRT interface. I was having a look around, seeing if there was a simple GUI for connecting to my local WiFi so I could start AirPlaying.

I found a section that showed the VoCore2 WiFi and had a "Scan" button, which I took to be "scan for and connect to local WiFi networks". I scanned, it located my local network and I entered the password and pressed connect, confirmed everything looked okay and pressed "Apply and Reboot" (I think that was the button, it was apply and something).

However, the device didn't reboot and connect to my local WiFi (I'm logged into DD-WRT's status page and even after 5/10 minutes I can't see it connecting as a client). I've also lost the VoCore2 WiFi network.

I've found lots of posts about USB connections through screen or kermit. I'm using a USB cable plugged into my audio/AirPlay dock. I can't connect via /dev/tty.usbserial, but with the following details I can at least connect. However, I just see a screen full of garbage...

set line /dev/tty.usbmodem_____1
set speed 57600
set serial 8N1
set carrier-watch off
set flow-control none
set prefixing all
set modem none
set file type bin
set file name lit
set prompt "Kermit> "

Am I missing something obvious? I'm getting the impression I might not be able to connect via USB cable and the dock - and might need some sort of direct connections to the pins. Or that I need to connect two pins together or something...

However, after a few hours I think I'm just going in circles!

I'd really appreciate any tips :-)

Thanks guys.

Jamie
Last edited by jamiegoodwin on Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vonger

Re: Screen / Kermit garbage

Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:45 am

Hi, the speed is wrong, it should be 115200.

jamiegoodwin

Re: Screen / Kermit garbage

Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:02 am

Wow, so simple. Thank you so much!

Now I can figure out what's gone wrong and try to fix it :-)

Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate