Setting up vocore audio tutorial

herci

Setting up vocore audio tutorial

Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi, I'm looking for a step by step, easy to understand tutorial on how to set up vocore audio.
I use a win7 laptop, would like to connect my ipad and my stereo.
I read this tutorial online but it is too difficult.
https://www.hackster.io/nzlamb/vocore-a ... ver-c73351

jamiegoodwin

Re: Setting up vocore audio tutorial

Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:28 pm

Have you got a VoCore 1 or 2? Do you have just the VoCore or did you get the VoCode + AirPlay perk from Indiegogo?

noblepepper

Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:37 pm

Actually that tutorial is for the original VoCore

I think if the ipad and the VoCore2 are on the same network you can just connect and play, you do need to plug in speakers ;-)

herci

Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:00 pm

Yes you're right. It works. Well the connection.
Vocore nightmare continues.
So it doesn't play music over the AUX connection from my 40 yr old tuner. (Ipod, ipad, mp3 players, blu ray player do work)
Then I took a crappy mini speaker and connected it. First I heard some buzzing. After plugging it in 3 times or so, I had quiet music.
Then I tried it on another stereo, aux again, nothing but buzzing. That comes out of the vocore and slight buzzing out of the speakers.
Then I went to the crappy speaker, buzzing again. Then back to the stereo and I heard some music, really far away and lots of Buzzing.
Then crappy speaker again lots of times and suddenly the sound was a bit louder but again lots of fast ticking buzzing.
Also the wifi connection is often gone. It lost connection. Then you sometimes have to wait a long time for it to reappear. I even had to connect it to the computer again because it didn't work anymore.
So not sure what's going on here... Once I had a bit of sound... :roll:
I'll keep trying.

herci

Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:18 pm

:o and suddenly it works. On everything.
Didn't do anything different. Kept plugging in and out of everything I have.
I hardly dare to move around my house...
Cross fingers it keeps being nice to me.
Again Noblepepper, thank you.
Next step I'm gonna try is set ap sta mode. To be able to be internet and vocore.

Edit: after half an hour or so there is buzz through the music. Aarghgg

kosmonaut pirx

Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:27 pm

hello,
in my opinion, sound issues are of a mechanical problem. Please check with the vocore out of the case.

Did some streaming from an ifone.
Tested several headphones. First had a lot of "buzzing", after some plugging most of them went away. Not all, but maybe headphones were old

Tested cable connection to amplifier. Always had some kind of 50Hz noise in the background.
Took VorCore2 out of case -> Plugged in again, everything's fine.
Put VorCore2 back in it's case -> Plugged in again, these annoying noise again.
Did that several times, same result.

I suspect the headphone connector is not exposed sufficiently out of the case a headphone plug may be inserted completely. Due to case wall thickness.
So finally i extended the existing headphone hole at the case by using a 10mm drill. It's just plastic. Much better now.

regards.

herci

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Thanks for your response.
I have the vocore audio, they come without a case. So I can can plug it in entirely.
I have several high end audio cables. And pretty good stereo's. All of them gave the noise and same sound. I've played the vocore audio the entire afternoon. It worked pretty alright. But sometimes I heard some noise. It comes and goes. If it stays like that it will be pretty okay, after all it's a cheap device. But in the beginning nothing came out of it except the buzzing, so that's weird. I just hope it keeps working. Maybe with new firmware the sound might improve in the future?

Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate