vocore2 dead on arrival

SirCmpwn

vocore2 dead on arrival

Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:42 pm

Looking for some steps to troubleshoot my vocore. Straight OOTB, I plugged it into my PC and the orange LED lights up. After several minutes no WiFi network is present. I also tried pulling the cord, replacing it, then ran screen /dev/ttyACM0 115200, which shows no output and does not respond to input.

keanlkee

Re: vocore2 dead on arrival

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:42 am

That happened to my Vocore2 Ultimate as well.

I took out the shell and gently press the top and bottom and tested again and it work (loose contacts). When it is working there should be a purple light lit up on together with the orange light.

irinelturturea

Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:18 am

It happens to me also. Unfortunately in my case it only works outside the case. As soon as I put it back the two boards disconnects and I have exactly your behaviors again.
I have an address for the return but I am not sure how much post from EU to china will cost or if its worth it.

cory

Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:47 pm

irinelturturea wrote:It happens to me also. Unfortunately in my case it only works outside the case. As soon as I put it back the two boards disconnects and I have exactly your behaviors again.
I have an address for the return but I am not sure how much post from EU to china will cost or if its worth it.

have you try to put rubber band around it?

Vonger

Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:50 pm

irinelturturea wrote:It happens to me also. Unfortunately in my case it only works outside the case. As soon as I put it back the two boards disconnects and I have exactly your behaviors again.

Here is a way to solve that, use a any file such as nail file, file the rough PCB border to flat, smooth insert it to the shell, so it will not disconnect.
A rubber band is also a way.
really sorry, my bad QC. :'(

Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate