VoCore2 AirPlay Dock - crackle sound

igorza

VoCore2 AirPlay Dock - crackle sound

Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:46 pm

Hi,

I have set up VoCore 2 with AirPlay Dock and observe the following:
- when I stream the sound to VoCore2 AirPlay as an AirPlay server, i hear crackle sound
- if I play test.mp3 (madplay) - the sound is good and clear

Could you please help with tuning shairplay-sync or wifi settings, so that I can use the device as I planned to use it - stream a sound via it using AirPlay.

P.S.
Probably it is an issue with the wifi speed - now it connect via 11n, 1 channel. But even this speed should be more than fine.

Thanks,
Igor

Vonger

Re: VoCore2 AirPlay Dock - crackle sound

Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:43 am

update to the latest firmware.

herci

Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:07 pm

I have the latest firmware and have it too, at certain moments I hardly hear anything and at other moments it's pretty bad....
When you pause the music you hear it really well and if you hold the vocore it sort of stops.
I paused my ipad a couple of times and then hit play again, at times it started to crack and pop, or it reacted pretty slowly. Other times it went okay.
Also wondering if other devices nearby can interfere?

I just switched from airplay from ipad to airplay in itunes on a windows laptop, had sound for 2 seconds, then all the sound was gone and I only heard crackling, like the first time I tried to make the device work.

Disconnected it from the battery and then it worked again. Very erratic.

stereo

Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:00 pm

I can also reproduce this with the latest firmware - enough crackle to make it useless for any application. It's very strange that squeezing the VoCore2 a bit seems to reduce the crackle.

bazz

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:56 pm

I have a loud buzzing sound and a very low volume for the music. Any ideas how to fix this?

herci

Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:19 am

Could it have something to do with static? Holding it in your hand removes the cracking.
At times I have no sound at all. Unless I turn up the stereo really up I hear extremely quiet music.

bazz

Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:27 pm

I figured a couple things out, first the cable I was using was garbage. Second the unit I'm using is defective. I have to keep it out of the case and the Wi-Fi board keeps disconnecting.
I did find when I replaced the cable a lot of the static noise when away. I also found the speaker itself makes little static. I'm wondering if the remaining static is due to the Wi-Fi board.
I do get a slight crackle, but its not to noticeable.

igorza

Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:24 am

I have the latest firmware.
New tests showed that my original interpretation was wrong. The issue appears not depending on which content is played back: from wifi or local.

When I touch the build-in antenne, the noise goes away (at least significantly decreases).

I have ordered an external antenne and want to see if it is going to be better. I will post the results here.

Thanks,

Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate