VoCore2 Ultimate dies when inserting network cable

roffe

VoCore2 Ultimate dies when inserting network cable

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:33 pm

Hi and thank you,

Received my VoCore2 today.

However there are issues with it:

1. The RJ45 port in the dock is to small so you have to use quiet some force to insert the tp cable.
2. After as carefully as possible inserting the network cable the VoCore dies and the purple light goes of.

When i try to start it now i can see the computer finds a com port but only the ethernet port lighs up and nothing more happends.

Anyone have any good ideas?

Cheers

cory

Re: VoCore2 Ultimate dies when inserting network cable

Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:55 pm

roffe wrote:Hi and thank you,

Received my VoCore2 today.

However there are issues with it:

1. The RJ45 port in the dock is to small so you have to use quiet some force to insert the tp cable.
2. After as carefully as possible inserting the network cable the VoCore dies and the purple light goes of.

When i try to start it now i can see the computer finds a com port but only the ethernet port lighs up and nothing more happends.

Anyone have any good ideas?

Cheers

I agree, the Ethernet port cut out is too tight, pry open the lid then use the blunt end of a pencil to push it out. It is much easier to plug in microUSB and Ethernet cable without the cover. There seems to be problem with manufacturing process lately. You may try to press the boards together as he mentions somewhere else.

smouton

Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:24 pm

I've got the same problem "When i try to start it now i can see the computer finds a com port but only the ethernet port lighs up and nothing more happens" even if I did not have the same issue for RJ45 and inserted plug quite easily.
Vocore2 worked fine prior to connecting RJ45 and now it remains stuck with only yellow LED lit.

pgiorda

Mon May 08, 2017 6:26 pm

I can attest to opening up the ultimate, carefully pressing the boards together, and reinserting it back into the plastic case. Fixed the problem for me, anyhow.

Vonger

Tue May 09, 2017 4:34 pm

green led is control by gd32 chip :)

Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate