Accidentally disabled the radio?

Endat

Accidentally disabled the radio?

Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:14 am

So I was logged onto the openwrt admin panel and saw a client option. I thought enabling it would allow it to connect to my home wifi, but the radio became disabled and i cant ssh anymore. It doesnt show up. How do i fix this? Usb2TTL?

Ps. In the attachment, i pressed the Enable button and it went offline, rebooted.
Attachments
Screenshot_20170127-180719.png
Screenshot_20170127-180719.png (82.16 KiB) Viewed 4708 times

konchog

Re: Accidentally disabled the radio?

Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:28 pm

I did this too. Yes, you need Usb2TTL. If you don't have it, you can get one from Amazon for about five monetary units.
Once you have established a connection (i'm on a mac, so that was easy enough in terminal using
screen /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART 115200
)

Then all you need to do is to run
firstboot -y; reboot

That is all.

Endat

Re: Accidentally disabled the radio?

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:03 pm

^ Works again! :lol:

edit: BTW I was having trouble with the "USB 2 TTL" that came with my original VoCore. output was garbage, turned out to be a driver issue. Here is driver for USB2TTL that came with original Vocore.
http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProdu ... 25&pcid=41

I found the driver by removing the adapter casing and using magnification to write down the numbers/letters on the main chip. I googled what I wrote down and it led me to the above link.

My 2nd issue:
I hadn't updated the firmware before I broke my radio, so I was getting a lot of different garbage about the SD/MMC failing.Continuous, it wouldnt stop.

Press Enter to continue into openWRT (despite the error messages)

I see the openWRT welcome screen and it gets overloaded by more error messages about sd/mmc... ignore that, just keep typing the command (firstboot -y; reboot) even though it interrupts you with errors. Ignore it, keep typing.

Press Enter.

Vocore2 reboots... purple light flashes... all is good again.

Then update the firmware so you can use TTL in peace :P

All is good :mrgreen:

Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate