SD pins on Vocore2

avigeilpro

SD pins on Vocore2

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:58 pm

Hi all,
I'm new on Vocore,
I have bought a Vocore 2, single (i mean no dock, no SD Slot, nothing).
I would like to build my own SD slot,
how i understand the 8 pins of the SD card are connected here :
Of course not in this order on the SD card.
But what are the two pins SD_CD and SD_WP ?
I saw on my SD slot 9 pins, the pin 9 seems to be connected to the ground when i insert a card inside, is this the SD_CD ?
After this, will i see my SD card in the file system or will i have to do some stuff before ?

Thanks for any help.

ps: Sorry if my english is not the best, this is not my natural language.

Vonger

Re: SD pins on Vocore2

Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:33 am

WP and CD are at bottom of left side.

avigeilpro

Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:38 am

Thank you for answer but i didn't ask where but for what are this 2 pins. I don't understand where i need or how i need connect them on my sd slot.

avigeilpro

Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:32 pm

I see this two pins on the vocore, but my question is what i need connect on them, on the slot of my SD card i have a 9th pin which is connected to the ground when i insert a card. must i connect this pin to the SD_CD of the vocore ? Same with de SD_WP, where need connect the pin of the vocore on my SD_Slot ?
Cordially

noblepepper

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:10 pm

You need pull up resistors on ALL the SD pins.

To use the card detect you will need to compile your own image the stock image is set to card detect polling. You should be able to put a pullup on it and it will.be ignored until you load an image with CD set to either high or low.

AFAIK the WP or write protect is a holdover from the days when cards had a physical switch for this and is unused but you still need a.pullup on it.

avigeilpro

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 am

thank you noblepepper, so if i correct all understand, i just need a pull up resistor on CD and WP (and of course on all pins of the sd card as it's show on the schematic of the doc), but CD and WP are not necessary to make the sd card work.

joechen

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:20 pm

@avigellpro, have you got your SD card working yet?

I am doing the same thing, having soldered an SD card slot, but my vocore2 is unable to recognize the card when a card is inserted or pulled out. I am hoping to learn from you about getting the SD card working for the bare vocore2 board.

avigeilpro

Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:22 am

joechen wrote:@avigellpro, have you got your SD card working yet?

I am doing the same thing, having soldered an SD card slot, but my vocore2 is unable to recognize the card when a card is inserted or pulled out. I am hoping to learn from you about getting the SD card working for the bare vocore2 board.

Yes i got my SD card working, i did a small PCD with a SMD slot, here are photos and schematics :
Top Side :

Bottom Side :

On the bottom side i put all the 10k pull up resistors.

on the top view, the 1st pin on the left is the 1 pin on the bottom left of the vocore2 (GND) and ofc the last on the right is the 3v3 pin on the bottom of the vocore2.

when you insert a card you should see mmcblk0 appear in /dev. if the card does not mount automatically you will have to mount it.

Vonger

Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:32 am

SD CLK is no need to pull up... :)

avigeilpro

Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:49 am

Vonger wrote:SD CLK is no need to pull up... :)

:? Is it a problem if i did ? this will not cause any issue ?

Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate