Did I brick?

cycleops

Did I brick?

Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:14 pm

Such a cool device.. but did I brick it? I wanted to use it as a client so, using the web interface, under Network/LAN (as I recall), I changed protocol from Static to DHCP Client. Then I hit save & apply. A 404 message appeared inline on the page. The device does not show up in my main router's connection list. It's SSID still shows up on my computer's wifi list. The original IP for web access (192.168.1.1) doesn't work. Not sure how to recover from this -- any help is greatly appreciated. I have the single board Vocore2 (not the Ultimate) -- so no connectors.

idiot1

Re: Did I brick?

Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:42 pm

you can edit /etc/config/network or wireless from uart port .

noblepepper

Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:05 pm

Well you powered it up so you have figured out how to connect at least ground and V+, you'll need to get connected to txd2 & rxd2 as well.

Use a USB/uart converter, something like this, no endorsement here it is just the cheapest one on ebay in north america. The ones I have are good to use for V+ too.

Once you get that working standard debricking should work.

Edit your /etc/config/wireless to attach to a wifi hotspot and it will use dhcp automatically. Luci isn't set up for VoCore2's unique configuration.

cycleops

Mon May 08, 2017 5:33 pm

Thanks for your reply, Noblepepper and Idiot1. I assumed I would get an email if someone replied, so forgive me for only just noticing your posts. Yeah, I figured out that I needed a serial converter, got one, and de-bricked. "vi" seems scrambled over the connection, so that's my next hurdle. Thank you.

cycleops

Mon May 08, 2017 6:04 pm

Hey, Noblepper (that's quite a name you have there) -- could you please advise how to change /etc/config/wireless? This is currently how it looks:

config wifi-device 'radio0'
option type 'ralink'
option variant 'mt7628'
option country 'CN'
option hwmode '11g'
option htmode 'HT40'
option channel 'auto'
option disabled '0'

config wifi-iface 'ap'
option device 'radio0'
option mode 'ap'
option network 'lan'