Impossible magic with VoCore 2 Lite

Ermanoff

Impossible magic with VoCore 2 Lite

Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:03 pm

Hi, mates,

I have a really strange issue.

I turned on VoCore 2 Lite few times and checked all serial ports (just to check, if only 2nd serial able to write to the console...). After checking that txd0 do not send anything to terminal (putty), I connect VoCore to serial as it is in manulal (wires to txd2 and rxd2). Now VoCore doesn't send information anymore. Just nothing. Deep silence.

I thought It was problem of my drivers. I checked it. It's not a driver problem. My terminal works fine.

So, the only way is that the problem is in this little device.

After that I wanted to update current firmware to LEDE, cause I think it is a problem of firmware in VoCore, but... Now I can't connect to my device via Wi-Fi. I see it on the list, I connect to it, but it gives me a weird ip-address (169.254.smth.smth) and also it do not have default gateway (checked in cmd line). So now I can't get inside my VoCore at all...

Any ideas how to solve it?

I do not soldered. It was only wired connection to ports.
Btw, device gets really hot after few seconds of work. By sense the same as VoCore2 Ultimate.
Could it be caused by overheating of CPU? What do you think?
:/

Vonger

Re: Impossible magic with VoCore 2 Lite

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:47 am

If you customized firmware, make sure the firmware is output to TXD2/RXD2. defaukt firmware sometimes output to TXD0/RXD0 or TXD1/RXD1. Also make sure it is 115200, default speed of some firmware is 57600.

Ermanoff

Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:41 am

Vonger wrote:If you customized firmware, make sure the firmware is output to TXD2/RXD2. defaukt firmware sometimes output to TXD0/RXD0 or TXD1/RXD1. Also make sure it is 115200, default speed of some firmware is 57600.

Yeah, mate, I checked it before compiling. But the problem is that I didn't upgrade firmware... On my VoCore is still running basic one and I can't get inside it at all, like I said above. I don't know what to do with this. Could it be a hardware damage caused by overheating?

Connection was made by wires.

Ermanoff

Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:33 am

Problem is that I didn't upgrade this firmware. It just not sending data via serial port...
And also I can't upgrade my VoCore, because something happens with Wi-Fi (didn't get a getaway address and also adresses are out of standart area)
Could it mean that hardware is damaged? One possible opportunity is overheating from CPU. I didn't solder it.

Vonger

Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:01 pm

Emm, try TXD1/RXD1 and TXD0/RXD0, maybe you can login there.

Ermanoff

Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:02 pm

Well, It's started to work again...
I guess, my fault

Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate