How to build/update Monit package

SoundWave

How to build/update Monit package

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:14 pm

HI,
I recently set up my VoCore2 and got it updated to the latest firmware.
It's a cool little device I'd like to use it for some small projects around the house.
I'm trying to use Monit to monitor various sensors but the version of Monit in the opkg repository is a bit out of date and so the alerts don't work the way I would like.
Could someone point me in the right direction on how to build the latest version of Monit from source? (or already has the binary? or could update the opkg repo?). I was able to compile the latest version with a Chip (similar to a RaspberryPi) but the VoCore2 doesn't seem to have the required tools (or space) on it to do this.
Cheers,
Andy

Vonger

Re: How to build/update Monit package

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:47 am

It must use cross-compile. First you will need to install a Linux computer VM, then download source code or toolchain from vocore.io/v2 or vocore.io/v2.html, you will able to compile it from command line, once it is down, use scp copy it to VoCore.

SoundWave

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:51 am

Thanks for your reply Vonger.
I set up a Ubuntu 14.04 VM with the toolchain (ensuring it was in the PATH) and ran "./configure --host=mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc --without-zlib --without-pam --without-ssl" but I get the error "configure: error: POSIX thread library is required". I have installed all packages I can think of but it still persists. I've tried it on a Ubuntu 16.04 system and that does the same thing.
I know this is getting slightly off topic for the board, but does anyone have any ideas?
Many thanks,
Andy

Vonger

Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:19 pm

SoundWave wrote:Thanks for your reply Vonger.
I set up a Ubuntu 14.04 VM with the toolchain (ensuring it was in the PATH) and ran "./configure --host=mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc --without-zlib --without-pam --without-ssl" but I get the error "configure: error: POSIX thread library is required". I have installed all packages I can think of but it still persists. I've tried it on a Ubuntu 16.04 system and that does the same thing.
I know this is getting slightly off topic for the board, but does anyone have any ideas?
Many thanks,
Andy

Try to directly compile openwrt from its offical site, might not compatible already.

SoundWave

Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:55 pm

When setting up openwrt I couldn't find the correct CPU/architecture type to use in their setup menu so stopped as I didn't think it would work.

Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate