VoDisplay SDK for RasPi/Linux x86/amd64?

Vonger

Re: VoDisplay SDK for RasPi/Linux x86/amd64?

Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:41 pm

Yes, we have framebuffer driver for vocore2 is update to SDK.
for raspi, just need a little more time, setting a kernel develop env is painful :)

STrRedWolf

Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:35 am

Just pulled the latest library release for the VoDisplay (v2screen)... and the libraries for Linux desktop use are 32-bit. :(

Can we get a 64-bit library as well? I assume you're building the firmware into the library.

Vonger

Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:09 pm

ameridroid wrote:I just found the answer for displaying a single frame on Linux:

sudo ./vodisp bitmap t1.bmp

Is the "framebuffer" option for video? If so, what video format is supported?

Hi. framebuffer is supported with vocore2 openwrt already, you can directly download latest SDK and check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMcI2WyapuY for tutorial..
but Linux other system it is not support yet, because part of the firmware can not open source, so I am looking for a way to release the driver as blob but avoid conflict the kernel.

mikemoy

Sun May 12, 2019 9:53 pm

So this link is rather old. I just discovered this VoDisplay and think is a great product. From this post it seems they have it working for other platforms, yet this products web page still says they are working on getting to work on other platforms. I would assume by now it does. For us newbies, are there other instructions how to get this up and running on them ?

Vonger

Mon May 13, 2019 7:44 am

mikemoy wrote:So this link is rather old. I just discovered this VoDisplay and think is a great product. From this post it seems they have it working for other platforms, yet this products web page still says they are working on getting to work on other platforms. I would assume by now it does. For us newbies, are there other instructions how to get this up and running on them ?

Ha :) I just find we do not have a newbie tutorial for the screen, I will record one video in this week.

Previous
Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate