Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:50 am

3.JPG
wireless overview LUCI
3.JPG (77.52 KiB) Viewed 11246 times

5.JPG
WWAN interface deleted
5.JPG (107.85 KiB) Viewed 11246 times

Hello Vonger and VoCore family,

i am a beginner (and a bit stupid) and forgot how to connect the Vocore to my home wifi. This is called STA mode correct? I set up my Vocore some time ago and managed to connect it to my home wifi, but now my wifi changed so i tried to change the ESSID and password in LUCI when i connected over AP and SSH which works fine.
My Problem is this: I cannot USB TTL serial connect to my vocore anymore because it is soldered to a custom PCB in a project i made, i can only connect to vocore over the AP it makes. I watched the youtube video: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPt5cxg5K98) it says i need to USB TTL uart and add the home network settings there.
My question: can i add my new network settings over LUCI while im connected over SSH in AP? In LUCI under network > wireless i can scan for networks but when i see my home network and try to join with password, nothing happens. So i entered my network info manually in the last row with the edit button, but i accidentally deleted some interface i think (WWAN) because i didnt know what i was doing. i attached pictures to explain what i mean.

I hope you understand what i tried to say, thank you for any help :)

Vonger

Re: Connecting to home Wifi network

Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:45 am

Hi, the most easy way is to upgrade your firmware to openwrt 19.07.3 in LuCI system upgrade page, it is able to download at vocore.io/v2.html or vocore.io/v2u.html depends on your hardware.
Once upgrade, you can directly use LuCI interface setup AP+STA mode(station mode which is used to connect to your home wireless router); for old version openwrt 18.06.5 has to setup manually in console, it is pretty complex.

Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate