VoCore Breakout Board

hdokes

Re: VoCore Breakout Board

Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:28 pm

Hello,

Trying to get knee deep into developing/designing using the vocore platform. Have already received 10 vocore boards and one docking unit. I tried to order 10 of the breakout boards with pins and socket headers however it will not allow me to add the selection to the cart. Keeps telling me "The selected quantity is currently unavailable." Is there a limit on the number of boards that can be ordered?

Thanks

Greenwire-Elektronik

Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:01 am

Hi,

no, the headers are not on stock in that amount. The new order is already out, i will update here if they can be ordered again in that amount, i think it will take a few days from now on. You can send me an email, i will send you one back when the headers are here.

Rgds

PS: I updated the number of stock items so you can order now - i will ship the boards as soon as i get the parts (part order as mentioned is already placed).
Buy now - breakout board for VoCore to easy adapting your idea!

Follow us on Twitter or facebook!

Greenwire-Elektronik

Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:46 am

Hello folks,

i am really happy about the feedback and orders i get for my breakout board. Never the less, i make this as a hobby and do not have a kickstarter campaign. I will not get rich (and i do not want to) with it but i whould be happy to see this tiny little thing in other people projects. I have only limited possibilites to make marketing, Vonger want to post it in the blog if i can show more projects using it - here is where i want to ask you kindly for your help!

If you have projects using the breakout board i would be happy to see pictures (or "reviews" like Endats). You could also like my company on facebook or follow it on twitter, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Greenwire-Elektronik

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:19 am

Status update regarding stock parts:
The pin headers from my normal vendor have delayed, i found a second source and ordered there. I will update again when i got their delivery (mid to end next week).

All of you waiting right now for me having a higher amount of stock items please just post here with the amount you need - it helps me to forecast my next order.

noblepepper

Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:35 pm

Mine arrived yesterday, 16 days from Germany to Tennessee.

You can get the headers separately in the US but I like the ones from Greenwire better than the ones I got from Mouser because they are a couple of mm longer.

Greenwire-Elektronik

Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:45 pm

16 days - i hoped it would be faster, but i think with customs this is a normal period of time ...

Enjoy it and if you want post some pictures of your use cases :)

Greenwire-Elektronik

Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:38 pm

After getting some questions, i made two pictures to explain the usage of the breakout board a bit better:

Endat

Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:03 pm

I just saw the new photos while leaving my review on Tindie.. It looks like I had mine setup all wrong lol. But that is a good thing about your design, you can choose to mount the VoCore on the front or the back and it works fine!

A bit of mild criticism though. It would be really great if you included the option to add the 2.54mm pin headers to the order. They were not easy for me to find.. but I found some on a site called Sparkfun, and also found out that a "female battery connector" is apparently called a "2-Pin JST Connector" so I ordered a few of those as well.

I was completely unfamiliar with the concept of pins and headers before I got the VoCore. I still don't know what those wires are called, with a female connector on each end (for plugging into pins), so I have been using IC Hooks since I got the VoCore (when I got them, I didnt know they were called IC Hooks).

https://www.sparkfun.com/categories/91 <- Good place for pins/heades and other connectors
https://www.sparkfun.com/categories/72 <- Good place for IC Hooks
Last edited by Endat on Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Endat

Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:16 pm

Endat wrote:I still don't know what those wires are called, with a female connector on each end (for plugging into pins), so I have been using IC Hooks since I got the VoCore (when I got them, I didnt know they were called IC Hooks).

They're called "jumper wires" :lol:

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/Jumper-Wires-c-44_47

Greenwire-Elektronik

Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:48 pm

Hey Endat - good to see that it eventually worked out for you :)
I will take your point of criticism (thanks for the review and feedback!) and will take in that option.

How did you connect your VoCore now?

If you have further questions do not hesitate to ask - but i suggest email, twitter, facebook because Private messages in this forum are still buggy :)

PreviousNext
Return to VoCore & VoCore+Dock