Firmware flash

vishwas

Firmware flash

Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:15 pm

Hi,

I have got a Vocore pcb printed and the components soldered on it. I want to know how to install the openwrt vocore firmware on it.
Can someone please suggest any methods.
Thank you

noblepepper

Re: Firmware flash

Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:16 pm

Are you saying you have made a VoCore clone and need to program bare metal (empty flash chip)? If so you need to use either JTAG or a flash programmer. I would recommend putting uboot in the flash and then using it to load an OpenWrt image. The factory partition contains calibration data for the radio, I believe it requires sophisticated test equipment and software from RaLink to set properly.

If you have a VoCore from Vonger, there are several methods. I like using scp to transfer the openwrt image to /tmp and then sysupgrade in a ssh session to load it to the flash. The LuCi interface does basically the same thing using a web page interface.You can also connect through the console on the serial port and load an image using u-boot either by serial or tftp to ram then load it in the flash, All these have instructions on the Vonger's wiki.

Vonger

Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:00 pm

I like the clone :) If you have experience and want use it in mass production, that is the best.

But not suggest student to use VoCore for a case study, that is a waste of money :) It is so complex, and if you do not have a test device(the factory tell me one of that worth 30K USD), you can not set wifi to fair status, wifi part might not work at all.
Even once you get such device, unless you production >5K, you can not get better quote than mine (also you have to take the risk of the production and write you own test process, buy mac address).

This is not Arduino, that is better for case study and do not need much high frequency pcb design/production skill.

1kvi1

Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:53 am

Hi, all!

I have one question to Vonger.

Is it possible to use your factory to do calibration of WiFi in my devices?

I want use RT5350F in my design and possibility of calibration are very important now.
Can you give address of factory which can do this work to me?
Or may be they can use my design for production?

Thank you!

Vonger

Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:19 am

I'd like to help. The MOQ of the factory is 5K(or at least 1K as sample). E-mail me if you have such number.

Return to VoCore & VoCore+Dock