Noob - My Vocore is not starting [Solved]

Neochange

Noob - My Vocore is not starting [Solved]

Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:26 pm

Hello,

I have started playing with vocore and I am coming here to find some answers :D

I have followed the starting tutorial with USB and the led in the boards turn on for a second when I connect the cable but it does not remains lighted and then the board heats up.

Is it a normal behaviour at starting? I haven't seen the vocore wifi but maybe I am not waiting the needed time.

Thanks
Last edited by Neochange on Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vonger

Re: Noob - Starting the Vocore

Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:29 am

Hi, maybe there is something wrong when boot up, please connect VoCore with USB2TTL, check it log from computer, then we will know what is happening there.

Neochange

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:03 am

I am going to test with a power supply instead of the usb cable and then I will use the TSB2TTL cable.

I hope I could find out what is happening...

Thanks!

Neochange

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:53 am

Vonger wrote:Hi, maybe there is something wrong when boot up, please connect VoCore with USB2TTL, check it log from computer, then we will know what is happening there.

I have attached the response I got through the USB2TTL cable. Should I reflash?
Attachments
VOCORE_log.png
VOCORE_log.png (18.59 KiB) Viewed 11788 times

Vonger

Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:24 am

Looks like the firmware is deleted, you can use uboot recover it, please read http://vocore.io/wiki/index/id:14 (uboot-kermit part)

Neochange

Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:03 am

Well I have downloaded a Vocore firmware from http://vonger.cn/upload/ ( the vocore.v1.0.bin )

and I am trying to upload the bin file to the board throught kermit. I open a terminal to the board and execute the command loadb as the tutorial says.

Then I use minicom to upload the file to the board with kermit. I tried to use kermit directly but if I press control-\ and the C nothing happens. When I try to upload the file everything seems OK but I got the error:

putty.png
putty.png (2.41 KiB) Viewed 11711 times

And this is the Kermit log while it is trying to upload the file:

Kermit.png
Kermit.png (66.04 KiB) Viewed 11711 times

After that, the error count raise and the communication interrupts.

Vonger

Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:22 am

The UART connection is not stable, so it failed, do you have a dock? so you can connect to ethernet and download by tftp.

Neochange

Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:39 pm

Vonger wrote:The UART connection is not stable, so it failed, do you have a dock? so you can connect to ethernet and download by tftp.

I solved! :D

The uart connection was not stable because I "forgot" ( not really forgot, i didn't know it) to connect the ground cable to the board through the UART port. Log session looked good but when I tried to upload the file, it was failing all times. With the GND cable connected the transmission was OK and I could upload the binary.

I have learned more with these errors than if the board was correctly setup XD

thanks for your patience

Return to VoCore & VoCore+Dock