Unable to boot

CShark

Unable to boot

Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:37 am

I wanted to start up my vocore and watch it via TTL while booting. I am using an arduino as usb to ttl. I connected the power (5V) and the serial wires and it booted. At some point the green light went off. So I repowered the vocore, but the green light now only stays powered for one or two seconds. When I power it with 3.3V, I can get a stable light, but the console keeps telling me
Code: Select all
U-Boot for VoCore(based on RT5350)Warning: un-recognized chip ID, please update bootloader!

over and over again. Have I just broken it completely?

PS: I haven't done anything on this vocore yet, That was it's first boot.

Vonger

Re: Unable to boot

Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:21 am

It is not broken, just firmware is not correct, you can use uboot to recover it, press 'x' at startup, and use kermit upload and transfer data update your vocore.
Please read the end part of http://vocore.io/wiki/index/id:14

CShark

Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:28 pm

I finally came to test your suggestion but unfortunately nothing happens when I press 'x' - it just keeps repeating the message "U-Boot for VoCore(based on RT5350)" and thats it...

Vonger

Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:47 am

Looks like the firmware is totally broken. You have to flash the full flash to repair.
What did you do to it?

CShark

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:20 pm

I used an Arduino Uno as USB2TTL, because the China-thing did not work. And I thought "Well, the arduino also has power out, so leme just hook this up there", seemed like the power was not stable, I guess. Everytime I use the Arduino as a power source the connection lists less text before repeating compared to using the USB2TTL as power source and the Arduino as a USB2TTL. It probably broke when I hooked it up to the arduino the first time, because suddenly the green light went completely off and started flashing shortly afterwards.

Return to VoCore & VoCore+Dock