Setup AP + STA Mode

cory

Re: Setup AP + STA Mode

Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:46 pm

google vi tutorial basically you want to learn how to get in, how to quit without saving, how to save and get out, what is insert mode, what is append mode, you already know how to move around by arrow keys.

herci

Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:12 pm

okay I was able to change everything into this

config wifi-device 'radio0'
option type 'ralink'
option variant 'mt7628'
option country 'CN'
option hwmode '11g'
option htmode 'HT40'
option channel 'auto'
option disabled '0'

config wifi-iface 'ap'
option device 'radio0'
option mode 'ap'
option network 'lan'
option ifname 'ra0'
option ssid 'VoCore2'
option encryption 'none'
option disabled '0'

config wifi-iface 'sta'
option device 'radio0'
option mode 'sta'
option network 'wwan'
option ifname 'apcli0'
option led 'mediatek:orange:wifi'
option encryption 'psk'
option ssid 'telenet-apn-D4F49'
option key 'correctkey'
option disabled '0'

unfortunately I now lost internet connection with the vocore, doesn't show up anymore, I rebooted multiple times
But I see vocore2 in airplay sometimes and when I try it, I hear cracking. So I guess it must have worked?? And it's normal that I don't see vocore2 anymore in the network.
But there are severe sound issues with this thing. And the connection to vocore in the airplay menu is at times gone. Multiple efforts later I got it playing decent sound in spotify.

So thank you everyone for helping out. Really appreciate it.

Vonger

Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:53 am

I upload a youtube video, please search VoCore2 on youtube :)

bazz

Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:40 pm

Vonger wrote:I upload a youtube video, please search VoCore2 on youtube :)

I checked the video, but have the same problem as the op. Cant get it to work for the life of me..

Vonger

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:35 am

I put a video tutorial on youtube, please search VoCore2, AP+STA mode.

Ictinike

Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:12 pm

I read the OP's first message and it states he used PUTTY, which is fine if it's a SERIAL connection.

In the tutorial Vonger states you can't use SSH for doing this but must be done via SERIAL UART so my first question would be; is that being done?

Secondly, in the tutorial it is mentioned that the use of quotes to encapsulate the values since sometimes UCI does not do them properly. I have gotten into the habit, when modifying UCI files via SERIAL, to use a set of double quotes to make sure things 'stick' such as:

Code: Select all
uci set wireless.sta.encryption="psk2"

I used to not use quotes or single quotes and it *seemed* to work but values would not be read properly. As soon as I started doing them with double quotes, again via SERIAL; things worked.

Lastly, are commits being made using UCI after commands are entered? I've gotten into the habit of doing two commits (overkill, I know) but I have done them and between reboots they've not 'stuck'. After doing a few commands or in a script you must commit to save the changes and persist them in the /etc/config/<config_name> file.

Code: Select all
uci commit

Just a few things after reading the first page that came to mind. You may have already discussed this so if they were recommended; I apologize.

bazz

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Was the Op ever able to get this to work? I'm still having no luck. Perhaps the type of encryption needs to be set? I followed the direction and the wiki and the youtube.

Previous
Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate