USB2TTL connection not working (?)

Naco

USB2TTL connection not working (?)

Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:32 pm

Hey guys,
I'm 99% sure I'm doing something wrong since I am a total noob here.

So, I got the VoCore2 with Ultimate Dock quite a while ago, but I haven't gotten around to trying it out until a few days ago.
First I tried connecting with USB, since it didn't work I thought I maybe need a firmware update, so I connected via Wi-fi and udated the firmware.
Then I probably accidentally disabled the Wi-fi when I wanted to restart it? In any case I don't have a Wi-fi connection anymore.

Connecting it via USB to my Windows 10 Home computer doesn't do anything.
Windows doesn't find anything, doesn't try to install any drivers and the device manager doesn't show anything out of the ordinary.

Do I need something specific to connect to the VoCore 2? Software, Hardware, Magic, a mighty grandma?

Thanks in advance for taking your time.

Vonger

Re: USB2TTL connection not working (?)

Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:29 pm

most of situation like yours, solution is simple: change another usb cable with data wires.

usb cable must have D+/D- to transfer data, but we find some users are using usb without that two data line, just 5V and GND for power.

ken-ji

Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:42 pm

I have same issue.
I have two VoCore2 with Ultimate Docks.
One has USB TTL that works. The other one doesn't even using the same cable.

What can I do to check and try to fix this?
I am not much of a real hardware hacker yet.

cycleops

Mon May 08, 2017 5:50 pm

Your post is a little old, so perhaps you already sorted it?
Anyhow, when you said: "Do I need something specific to connect to the VoCore 2? Software, Hardware, Magic, a mighty grandma?" -- all those things may help, but you will also need a usb to ttl converter. I used this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XD ... UTF8&psc=1
and it seems to work ok. No guarantees, though. I think I read somewhere that usb port of a computer does not have enough power to fuel the VoCore. So, I splice in +5v from a charger. I tied the grounds together. Make sure you don't tie the +5v wires!

Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate