can't locate camera

sloshnmosh

can't locate camera

Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:12 am

I purchased a Vocore camera from the same place I purchased my 2 Vocores and I don't know how to hook it up. I have the Vocore 2 "Ultimate" with dock and the camera came with a FEMALE mini USB cable. I tried converting this to male regular USB but when I SSH into the Vocore I don't see the camera when I run the command "ls /dev" Any help?
Thanks in advance for any response.

rtbonica@gmail.com

Re: can't locate camera

Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:18 am

I am having same issue.

Vonger

Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:02 pm

Once you connect the camera to VoCore(microUSB -> USB), first you will find in kernel log (call dmesg), find some USB video device. If you did not find such message, it means you do not have USB video driver in your firmware or the camera broken, connect the camera to computer check if the computer is able to read the camera.
If you find such log in kernel, there is no problem you can find /dev/video0 for mjpeg, or /dev/video1 for h264.

sloshnmosh

Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:21 pm

Thanks for your reply Vonger! I plugged the H264 camera into my Linux laptop (Kali 2.0) and the camera does show up in /dev/video1 as well as /dev/video2 (/dev/video0 was already taken by the laptops built in webcam) so I'm assuming you are correct in stating the Vocore 2 w/dock does not have the drivers installed. I did however flash with the latest firmware. Any help on what drivers need to be installed for this camera? Thanks again for any response.

Vonger

Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:37 am

You will need to install USB Video driver, but it is already in firmware.
Is it the USB port not work? Insert a USB disk have a try?

Return to VoCam264 & Screen