Breakout boards.

noblepepper

Breakout boards.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:25 am

I made some breakout boards for my own use but the PCB manufacturer had a 10 board minimum so I have 6 or 7 extras.These are simple boards just an interface to 2.54 mm headers (like you see on stuff like arduinos), see the attached jpg.

If anyone is willing to pay shipping via USPS from zip code 37143 I'll send you one. You can estimate cost at https://postcalc.usps.com/ it will be a envelope containing rigid object less than 2 ounces, anywhere in the US should be around $1.50 if you add in paypal fees.

untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (32.46 KiB) Viewed 25067 times

Axel.Just@outlook.de

Re: Breakout boards.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:27 pm

I'd love to have custom breakout boards. Please send me a Personal Mesage.

KingBeetle

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:51 pm

I too am interested. If you still have some extra boards, I would love to have one! Send me an IM or feel free to contact me at kingbeetle66 (at) gmail (dot) com

I would be more than happy to throw a few dollars your way to not only cover shipping but help supplement your initial investment. I was considering having some breakout boards made myself and it's great to see that someone has already taken the initiative.

noblepepper

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:30 am

I'm happy to send you a couple but you should know these were designed for the Beta VoCore2's and the layout on the final version has changed slightly, enough that you would need do some work with a dremel tool to cut some of the ground connections. You can get the gerber files these were made with here, if you don't have a gerber viewing program there is a decent web based one here. The gerbers are "upside down" from the VoCore2 pinouts so I work from the corner where the pins are closest out. You can see the connections from some of the pinheaders to the ground plane, they would need to be cut. If these pins were left connected a release version would be damaged if you use these boards.

I ordered some boards designed for the release version that shipped from Taiwan about a week ago so you may want to wait. Again min order is 10 and I only need 3 or 4 so the same deal will be available on these. They are a bit more sophisticated, have mounting areas for USB micro, ttl/usb converter for uarts, sdcard holder, USB host,static suppression diodes on usbs. You can look at the schematic and layout for these too.

You can use this board as nothing more than a pin header converter by not mounting the other components, the biggest difference from the original in this case would be that I had to move the 14 pin header to make room for the USB connectors and SD slot. If you mount only the USB micro connector it will provide power to the VoCore2

KingBeetle

Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:49 pm

I don't even have my VoCore2 board yet, so no harm in waiting, The updated breakout looks awesome! Just let me know when you get them.

noblepepper

Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:47 am

PM's don't want to go through to you, check your board preferences and make sure "Allow users to send you private messages":is set to yes

pepemint

Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:18 am

Hi @noblepepper I could use at least 2 of these (release versions), or the files necessary for me to get them produced myself. I have never had PCB's made but don't mind doing that.

Please let me know if you can share the files I would need or if you still have 2 of the release versions to share?

Thanks very much!

avigeilpro

Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:37 pm

pepemint wrote:Hi @noblepepper I could use at least 2 of these (release versions), or the files necessary for me to get them produced myself. I have never had PCB's made but don't mind doing that.

Please let me know if you can share the files I would need or if you still have 2 of the release versions to share?

Thanks very much!

Hi,
I also created my own breakout board, ready in about 30min (engraved, drilled and solder).

I've linked all the holes of the vocore2 and the size of the copper track have enough space to do its by yourself :

If you want to do its by yourself, material that you will need :
-a UV lampe (i have this one : http://www.gotronic.fr/ori-chassis-a-in ... 6-6770.jpg)
-sodium hydroxide solution (find in Home improvement) : about 20ml in 1L of water to reveal the pcb after the UV.
- hydrochloric acid and hydrogen peroxide (oxygenated water 130vol, or sometime you can find 12%, in Home improvement too not in pharmacy) to engrave.
- a small driller with 0.15" and 0.30" or 0.4 and 0.8 in mm.

if you can have all this material, you can do this in 30min how i said, but if you prefer buy its from internet, on https://www.seeedstudio.com/ if you send the gerber files you can have 10 pieces for 10$.
If you prefer last solution say me, i can give you the gerber files.

mrichmon

Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:07 am

Please post the pcb layout files or pm.

Ictinike

Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:48 pm

If you have the PCB files I wouldn't mind getting a few either from you or ordered..

I now have 3 VoCore's, lol.. 1 Ultimate and 1 with SD and 1 bare bones.. so they would help me out on the two 'boxless' ones :)

Next
Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate