Vocore2 onboard microphone not recording

mrtcnkty

Vocore2 onboard microphone not recording

Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:53 pm

Hello,
I have a vocore2 + dock and i'm trying to record sound through onboard mic with the command;
ffmpeg -f alsa -ac 2 -ar 44100 -i hw:0 -t 30 /tmp/out.wav
But the out.wav file in tmp folder has no sound, not even noise. Also inspecting its waveform, it has zero amplitude throughout 30 seconds.
I have upgraded to latest firmware. What else could be the reason of this problem?
Thanks

Vonger

Re: Vocore2 onboard microphone not recording

Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:38 pm

The driver for ES8388 did not work well. :)

mrtcnkty

Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:13 am

Can we expect a driver or firmware update regarding this issue in the future or will it remain that way?
Thanks for replying quickly by the way :)

wiselynx

Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:51 am

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum :-)

I just want to add that I'm experiencing more or less the same issue. I'm not recording audio using ffmpeg like mrtcnkty is doing, but instead I'm using the audio loop feature of baresip (a simple SIP user agent, I'm trying to use the vocore2 as a VoIP phone). What I get is not exactly silence: if I blow in the microphone, I get back strong crackling noise. Any other noise, even mildly loud, is not picked up.

I also noticed that if I record using `arecord -c1 -r8000 -d5 /tmp/test.wav`, the audio output starts to emit a high pitched sound, that does not stop when arecord returns. It only stops if I play some other sound (e.g. `aplay somefile.wav`).

Seems indeed there is some serious instability in the audio section :-P

Vonger

Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:56 pm

I tested audio only :) microphone part...looks like arecord has problem, but not sure. :p

Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate