disabled blue onboard antenna, how to enable external one

kosmonaut pirx

disabled blue onboard antenna, how to enable external one

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:52 pm

hello,
main intend of the vocore2 here is working as an audio server via wifi. unfortunately, audio noise is not very nice, observed same as noted here:

http://forum.vocore.io/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3743&sid=719eb6b3734ea04451acdc5355937592

->Proposal was to "remove on board antenna"

Ok, fine, done that and connected external one. Now, no wifi anymore. Hm, didn't think i've done anything wrong there at soldering. Also, saw this:

http://forum.vocore.io/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3704&sid=719eb6b3734ea04451acdc5355937592

Already tried a lot with the eeprom according to the data sheet, but to no avail. So is there anyone who knows how to enable the external antenna while disabling the internal one?
Thanks in advance.
Jörg

Vonger

Re: disabled blue onboard antenna, how to enable external on

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:47 am

There is no such way... :(
If you have some solder skill, you can remove the onboard blue antenna, and move the UFL slot to right, that will kill the noise.

kosmonaut pirx

Re: disabled blue onboard antenna, how to enable external on

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:27 pm

ok & thanks for answering.

I'd already removed the blue antenna.

So, soldered that UFL out. Can't recommend that, however, it's kind-of "don't try this at home". The socket is fixed to the board, for good reasons, and it's inside of plastic, so no fun and it most likely will get damaged. Like mine.

Better to solder a new additionally one. Mine will be delivered next days.

And here's the question: To which position the additional UFL has to be placed? To the one of the blue antenna? Or to the one place intended(?) for that just below of the blue antenna? I've tried the latter but it didn't work at a test.

regards

Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate