Sleep/suspend and resume to/from RAM

CapAble

Sleep/suspend and resume to/from RAM

Sun May 20, 2018 6:26 pm

Hello,

Does Vocore/Vocore2 support Linux sleep/suspend and resume to/from RAM (e.g. as in ACPI)? If yes, what is the time for suspend, and the time for resume? Also, if yes, is there any documentation?

Apologies if this is a repost, since I do not find my previous post that made a few hours ago.

Vonger

Re: Sleep/suspend and resume to/from RAM

Mon May 21, 2018 7:00 am

please check mt7628 datasheet at vocore.io/v2.html. As I know no such feature.

CapAble

Mon May 21, 2018 11:07 am

Vonger wrote:please check mt7628 datasheet at vocore.io/v2.html. As I know no such feature.

Thanks for your response.

I am trying to determine if, given the physical package size of Vocore, the device can be used for low power applications that are run on coin cell batteries. This would mean the need for being able to put the device to deep sleep where power consumption is very low (order of microamps). And to resume after a sleep a GPIO or timer event as options to choose from. Having such capability could make this device viable for wearable applications.

The datasheet has references to words sleep, suspend and wakeup, but not enough to know specifics. Any details on these?. E.g. does such a suspend keep the DDR contents active while in deep sleep?

Also, having the hardware support this capability would not be enough. Likely, the OS (Linux) would need to be able to use that, but that's only after knowing whether the hardware support is available.

Vonger

Tue May 22, 2018 1:30 am

As I know it do not have such feature, please check System Control part and Timer Control part.
If lower its clock it will not work.

Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate