Nothing works - HELP!

GreatAnubis

Nothing works - HELP!

Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:20 pm

HI,
I've collected my VoCore about an hour ago. I've got a model with an Ethernet port. I've checked http://vonger.cn/?p=1536 and I'm able to connect to it's AP as well. That's all what really works. I can't connect to it through putty or any other ssh software. I'm getting a timeout error all the time. Is it somehow possible connecting through an ethernet port as well? What can I generally do now?

Vonger

Re: Nothing works - HELP!

Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:33 pm

Please connect it with usb2ttl, run hexdump /dev/mtd2 , check the result. That data is factory setting. From your describe that might be factory setting problem.

Peter H

Re: Nothing works - HELP!

Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:26 am

GreatAnubis wrote:HI,
I can't connect to it through putty or any other ssh software. I'm getting a timeout error all the time.

What address are you trying to connect to? If you power up VoCore with Ethernet disconnected and then associated with the VoCore WiFi network, you should find your PC is given an address in the 192.168.61.x network, and the gateway address of 192.168.61.1 is the VoCore's address. In that case you should be able to connect to 192.168.61.1 using PuTTy. If it isn't working for you, how does your experience differ from what's described above?

Return to VoCore & VoCore+Dock