Ultimate NOOB Guide

tomoliveri

Ultimate NOOB Guide

Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:01 pm

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if anyone wants to help put together a start-finish guide for people struggling to use their vocore.

I'd like to cover Mac/Windows/Linux
1. Build OpenWRT Environment
2. OpenWRT Basics and compiling
3. Copying files to your VoCore
4. ???
5. Profit

haraldn

Re: Ultimate NOOB Guide

Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:46 am

I'd really like to have such a guide. But I fear I can't help you setting it up since I am a total noob...
But I can read your stuff and tell you if it's clear and understandable...

Greenwire-Elektronik

Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:38 pm

This should be supported - Perhaps vonger can help?!?
Buy now - breakout board for VoCore to easy adapting your idea!

Follow us on Twitter or facebook!

errepunto

Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:07 am

Hello,

I followed this guide without problems:
http://o-ak.com/blog/o-ak-tech/openwrt- ... asy-steps/
It has an appendix for VoCore.

The original VoCore's guide is more direct:
http://www.vocore.io/wiki/index/id:15

Firstly I uploaded firmware using UART, but is very slow and a bit difficult. Using scp and mtd is easier. Both methods appears in wiki:
http://www.vocore.io/wiki/index/id:14

Vonger

Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:33 pm

Ye, I can help. I need to know which part block you. Just do not know where to start, every part seems easy for me, lol.

Endat

Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:01 pm

I am planning on doing exactly this. I am a hardcore programmer who dabbles in embedded systems as a hobby. I was a bit confused for a couple of hours when I first got my VoCore, but once you get started its easy. I will be making a series of videos and tutorials showing how to get started and do basic things. Also planning on making a site with picture-based tutorials and tips specifically for VoCore.. I have already put together a couple of tutorials, but havent decided on the domain yet, "vocoretuts.io"?

Thank you Vonger for making this. It is my new favorite toy :mrgreen:

Vonger

Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:38 pm

Endat wrote:I am planning on doing exactly this. I am a hardcore programmer who dabbles in embedded systems as a hobby. I was a bit confused for a couple of hours when I first got my VoCore, but once you get started its easy. I will be making a series of videos and tutorials showing how to get started and do basic things. Also planning on making a site with picture-based tutorials and tips specifically for VoCore.. I have already put together a couple of tutorials, but havent decided on the domain yet, "vocoretuts.io"?

Thank you Vonger for making this. It is my new favorite toy :mrgreen:

Hi, if you need any help PM me :D Thank you

Endat

Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:23 am

Still working on getting a site up.. Here is first lesson. Powering it on and what to look for during boot.

Code: Select all
Once the power is connected, the indicator light will come on for ~0.5 seconds. The VoCore will continue to boot for ~20 seconds with the light off. Once openWRT begins to initialize, the indicator light will come on for another 15 seconds, then will go back off again. The VoCore will start broadcasting about 5 seconds after the light goes off for the second time. At this point, you are able to connect to your VoCore

noblepepper

Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:36 pm

How about a wiki that anyone (within limits) can contribute to?

I can add this onto my hosting arrangement and as long as the traffic doesn't exceed my existing package limits it is free for me.

I can contribute a domain name, vocorewiki.org is available, any other suggestions?

@Vonger - Since vocore is your product, would you object my registering vocorewiki.org?

There would need to be some control of posting to keep spam and such out. Requiring registration is the first step, perhaps using this forum being an automatic qualification. Any other suggestions?

Licensing of content would be needed, creative commons share alike seems appropriate to me.

Wiki software is also a choice, dokuWiki is what OpenWrt uses in their wiki, pmWiki is what the Arduino folks use on their "playground", mediaWiki is what wikipedia uses. Preferences anyone?

If there is interest I will start playing with getting this set up and could have something available in a week or so.

noblepepper

Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:21 pm

In spite of the lack of comments I set up a wiki that anyone can contribute to after they register.

VoCoreWiki

At this point I haven't set it up with it's own domain name, if there is interest I'll invest the $10 and get one.

Next
Return to VoCore & VoCore+Dock