Vcore2 to create a wired streaming HD ip camera?

salukikev@gmail.com

Vcore2 to create a wired streaming HD ip camera?

Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:36 pm

Hello forum,
I'm building a simple module and I wonder if the Vcore2 might be a viable option and/or if someone would render an opinion for me.
Right now I am planning to use a Raspberry Pi Zero because it has a dedicated camera connector. I am only just learning about linux and how these systems work together but from my understanding so far, I really just need a system to receive the camera input, and pass it onto a wired ethernet (RJ45) port for streaming. I'm not entirely clear where compression to h.264 occurs, I guess that happens on the computer module and so specifications for clock speed, memory, etc come into play, and so I will want to make sure that these numbers are adequate to smoothly and reliably stream 1080p indefinitely. If you can summarize the relevant #'s that I should pay attention to for that task I would appreciate the knowledge.

With that said, I'm not sure also if a camera port (such as the pi zero has) is specifically more useful than a standard usb port that could still accept a comparable video camera input. I don't need many ports, or wifi (my output must be wired ethernet). My application is almost the same as building a simple IP camera, but not quite.

Anyway, thanks for any information. It seems to me so far that VoCore2 is a viable candidate for this project.
Also- adding a 2nd board (ultimate) doubles the size requirement for this project. Can I solder ethernet wires directly to my Vcore2 mainboard?

Vonger

Re: Vcore2 to create a wired streaming HD ip camera?

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:20 am

current VoCore2 camera directly output h264 stream, do not need to compress.
output to wireless and wired ethernet is using same way, for mjpeg output you can use mjpeg-streamer.

lindseynicole010

Re: Vcore2 to create a wired streaming HD ip camera?

Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:15 am

Web cam is anything but difficult to introduce. Any individual who has general information of PCs can introduce a webcam. Web cam establishment requires association of the gadget with USB port, design, and establishment of the product. It takes couple of minutes to introduce a web cam. The benefit of web cam is whether you are not at home; it empowers you to filter the pictures later on. Web cam likewise has an email ready administration include which can be actuated to join pictures. What's more, if required you can forward these pictures to the police. Alternate sorts of PC surveillance camera are IP surveillance camera frameworks. IP surveillance cameras give preferred quality picture and range over a web cam. IP surveillance cameras are additionally simple to introduce. The value contrasts relying upon the level of scope and nature of picture. IP cameras can be gotten to from a remote area through web. These cameras can be associated with the system and you can get to them from a web program. Extra IP cameras can be added to the PC gave your PC has enough storage room. There are numerous other PC surveillance cameras accessible with cutting edge highlights. These propelled cameras have numerous highlights like tallying the quantity of individuals who have strolled in your premises, or speedier gadgets to take the previews after the movement finder discovers some development. These cameras are fit for performing numerous things other than observing. However, these cameras are costly than web cam and IP Network surveillance cameras.
Thanks& regards,
Lindsey Nicole
Security Cameras Toronto | Security Cameras Vancouver

Return to VoCam264