VLAN-WLAN-LAN configuration of VoCore2+POE-Dock

snr

VLAN-WLAN-LAN configuration of VoCore2+POE-Dock

Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:09 pm

Hello,
I have purchased an VoCore2+POE-Dock.Now I am unable to configure the device properly. Maybe someone can help me.

The prerequisites:
The VoCore2 should be integrated in an LAN with serveral VLAN's. One of the VLAN is "3". This is intended for connecting WLAN access points to one network. The LAN and VLAN's are managed by an central router. This router device provides VLAN's and services like DHCP, DNS, WAN-access (DSL) and others.

What do I like to achieve?
The VoCore2 is connected to the LAN by cable on physical LAN-port. This LAN-port receives "normal" LAN (VLAN0) and VLAN3.
The VoCore2's WLAN should be configured as access point.
The physical LAN-port get an ip address etc. via DHCP from the router on "VLAN0".
The virtual LAN-port for VLAN3 is managed by DHCP from router, too.
I like to bridge the VoCore2's WLAN should be bridged to VLAN3. All traffic and requests should be redirected to the central router via VLAN3. All clients connected to VoCore2-WLAN get network ip's, access to internet gateway etc. via the router-device.
The "LUCI"- management website of VoCore2 should become accessable on "VLAN0" and "VLAN3" on physical LAN-port. Maybe via WLAN, too.

What I got now:
The virtual LAN-port "VLAN3" gets the ip address from router (192.168.30.201) as shown in pic 0001.
But "eth0" on "VLAN0" is not receiving an ip from DHCP. But the DHCP is there! I can plug in the cable to another device and the ip address is associated.

Please,if enyone can guide me through the config process it would be nice. I am afraid to lock me out or brick the device by playing around with the config parameters......
What to do ext?

Thanks in advance
snr
Attachments
vocore_network_conn_0003.png
vocore_network_conn_0003.png (74.69 KiB) Viewed 25207 times
vocore_network_conn_0002.png
vocore_network_conn_0002.png (112.78 KiB) Viewed 25207 times
vocore_network_conn_0001.png
vocore_network_conn_0001.png (105.27 KiB) Viewed 25207 times

Vonger

Re: VLAN-WLAN-LAN configuration of VoCore2+POE-Dock

Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:50 am

This is pretty complex :) You need to find a net pro.
Maybe on openwrt you can find answer, there is virtual network tutorial. https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/start

Return to VoCore & VoCore+Dock