VoCore2 Ultimate: How to control LAN LEDs?

dreieck

VoCore2 Ultimate: How to control LAN LEDs?

Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:56 pm

Ahoj,

I have a VoCore2 Ultimate which I bought in October 2022.

I notice that at the LAN socket there are 2 LEDs, but one of them is always lit, the other is always off.

They do not react on LAN cable plug in, nor on data transfer, nor on setting the LED trigger in `/sys/class/leds/mt76-phy0/trigger` (the only other LED present there is the `fuchsia:status` which is the status LED on the VoCore main board, and this can be controlled).

So, how is it possible to make the two LEDs give useful information?

It looks for me that for one of the LEDs some resistors might not be soldered which are soldered for the other LED. Are there really some resistors missing? (If so, this is a feature request to add them, in case that LED could somehow give out more useful information than "always on".)

Regards!
VoCore 2 Ultimate.

Vonger

Re: VoCore2 Ultimate: How to control LAN LEDs?

Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:53 am

You can download sch from vocore.io/v2u.html
One LED is connect to power another is connected to GD32 mcu, you can control from there but not very easy, need to code a lot, also GD32 chip now is for USB2TTL function.

dreieck

Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:51 am

another is connected to GD32 mcu, you can control from there but not very easy, need to code a lot

OK so there is no ready-made solution yet fot this? You don't have an example? OK. I am not an embedded systems developer or coder; more like an admin.

Thanks for the answer!, it sounds to me that it is beyound my capacities.
VoCore 2 Ultimate.

dreieck

Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:52 am

Vonger wrote:another is connected to GD32 mcu, you can control from there but not very easy
Can you give a working example for how to control the LED from OpenWRT? shell scripting I am familiar with, so anything that can be controlled by character files in `/sys/`, `/proc/` or `/dev/` should be doable by me, but I need to know how to control the LED.

Regards!
VoCore 2 Ultimate.

Vonger

Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:13 am

First you need to connect LED to GPIO, then you can control gpio from /sys.
This tutorial is for VoCore v1 but control is same https://vonger.cn/?p=473

If you need to control the on board LED, it is already be controlled by Linux kernel for wifi indicator, not sure if it can be used by /sys/class/gpio(remove the LED driver it can be control by /sys/class/gpio)

Return to VoCore2/Lite/Ultimate